This sounds really interesting for the future – Scotlands TGO Challenge or The Great Outdoor Challenge. I’ve been following a few blogs/Twitter accounts through out the event and I’m quite hooked. I guess there might be a few years before I’m able to attend if I get picked. You have to apply for a spot on the challenge.
Well, here you have a trail diary by blogpackinglight! Enjoy.
This is summary page for my TGO Challenge trip diary, to make it easier to navigate through the whole trip. Click on the link for the appropriate post.
- The prologue (getting there)
- Day 1 Strathcarron to Loch Monar
- Day 2 Loch Monar to Allt Uchd Rodha
- Day 3 Allt Uchd Rodha to Cannich
- Day 4 Cannich to Drumnadrochit
- Day 5 Drumnadrochit to Glen Mazeran
- Day 6 Glen Mazeran to Allt an Tudair
- Day 7 Allt an Tudair to Coylumbridge
- Day 8 Coylumbridge to Faindouran Lodge
- Day 9 Faindouran Lodge to Loch Builg
- Day 10 Loch Builg to Ballater
- Day 11 Ballater to Glen Tanar
- Day 12 Glen Tanar to Tarfside
- Day 13 Tarfside to North Water Bridge
- Day 14 North Water Bridge to St Cyrus
- Initial reflections
- The statistics
- Complete set of photos