Got my Sawyer Mini water filter that I bought a long while ago. I got the one with just a 16oz “pouch” and I also received a free emergency blanket, thank you!
Looks to be a sturdy thing. Haven’t tried to filter any water through it yet but that will come soon. I most definitely need to start using all my new stuff – I haven’t even had time to try out my new backpack with some stuff in it. Same goes for the tent but that’s mostly due to the late delivery of the trekking poles. Unfortunately this weekend is quite cramped with stuff to do but I hope to get some spare time on Sunday…
A nice device for the outdoor person or who ever needs to filter dirty water. LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, you’ll find it here! It was originally built for filtering water in the third world. Won the Time magazine’s Invention of the Year.
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria per manufacturer.(>LOG 6 reduction)
- LifeStraw® offers easy access to clean and safe drinking water away from home!
- Filters up to 1000L of contaminated water per the manufacturer.
- Removes a minimum of 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites per manufacturer.
- Reduces water turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns.