I OFTEN GET QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO STAY SAFE WHILE TRAVELING TO DISTANT AND UNSECURE DESTINATIONS. THE SHORT STORY, USE YOUR HEAD. IF SOMETHINGS SMELLS BAD, IT’S USUALLY BAD (GOES FOR FOOD TO). THE MORE YOU PAY ATTENTION TO PEOPLE AND EVENTS AROUND YOU, THE MORE YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT HOW IT WORKS AND YOU’LL BE ABLE TO FORESEE IT. A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER WILL SEE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS. A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER WILL SEE IT COMING. HERE IS EIGHTY EIGHT TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU KEEP SAFE AND SANE ON YOUR TRIPS.
– Jens Lennartsson
Here are a few, find the complete list here!
- Drink a lot water
- But boil it first
- If you are crossing a busy street, walk at the same time as a local and keep him between you and the traffic
- Never approach people with guns from behind
- There is no such thing as ”earning easy money”
- Keep your hand on your camera at all times
- If the first sentence starts with ”Hey, friend!”, he’s not your friend
- Use sunscreen
- Keep your equipment with you all the time
- Keep your money in several places
You’ll find the rest at the end of that link above. It’s probably nothing new for you but still it’s worth repeating them…