Visited the local sports and outdoor store yesterday to buy some new workout clothes. Needed something that was wind- and somewhat water resistant that I can use during the colder months and on the chillier summer days. So I went there totally open minded not having browsed the web before and just relied on their expertise.
So this is what I bought and what they recommended. I’ll primarily use this for running and workouts at the outdoor gym.
- Climaproof® wind provides lightweight, breathable protection from wind
- FORMOTION® follows the natural movement of sport for a better fit and greater comfort in motion
- GORE WINDSTOPPER® fabric for breathable wind protection
- Front zip pockets; Vertical zip pocket on left chest
- Full zip with stand-up collar; Reflective details; Slim fit
- 100% polyester plain weav
I also got something that I thought I’d never buy… A pair of X2U (Two Times You) Compression Tights! In short the purpose of these are that you get graduated compression that maximizes blood flow toward the heart to keep your performance up. It also helps with sore muscles so you should put them on a while before you go out and keep them on after you’ve cooled down. So in combination with the Adidas pants above I have a nice combo going.
Bought a set of Helly Hansen Freeze 1/2 Zip and their equivalent pants. This is a merino wool garment with the LIFA fibre technology so that it’ll transport moisture quicker of your body to keep you nice and dry. I think these will be a great first layer both for running but also for when I’m out hiking. I mostly bought the pants for those cold nights in the sleeping bag as I very seldom get my legs cold.
I also got a new pair of indoor shoes, Adidas Essence in dark blue and to top everything of I got a pair of Adidas Climawarm Gloves as my hands always tends to be cold 🙂 aaand a new Primus EtaPower 1.7L pot with a built-in heat exchanger.
The best thing with the visit to the store was when I got out of the changing room the my “personal shopper” told me that I looked fast (!?) and then I thought…
– This must be the shit, I’ll get everything that I’ve got here! Haha!